Sunday, October 2, 2016

Trying to get back on the wagon

(Newest build is up here!)

Sorry for not updating last week! I've not been particularly on the ball about devoting more time to the blog. I'm still fussing with new ideas for levels, and I'm not exactly sure where I'm going with some of them. There have also been an unusually high number of events going on lately.

Today I added hexagonal columns to the game. They function just as walls do, can be timed, can be turned off/on, and come in default, warp, wrap, and bounce varieties. I also added a script that simply causes things to rotate. Rotating hexagonal columns present a timing puzzle to the player, since you have to wait for the right moment to hit the column at the correct angle.



The column will move between the time that you begin your charge and the time that you hit the column, so you'll have to anticipate where the column will be before you begin your charge.

I still want to tweak these most recent levels a lot - some of them are not quite where I want them to be. I think I might need to use more boost plates.

As always, charging-up noise is by Javier Zumer. I'm using it and modifying it under this license.

No comments:

Post a Comment