Sunday, July 23, 2017

Boosting Lines


This week I mostly... well, I was on vacation so I didn't do as much work on my blog as I could have with an entire week off. Still, I made a new level and added some functionality which really should have been there from the start.


The new level isn't anything amazing, but it's a very tidy puzzle that walks you though three chambers slowly and then has you exit those chambers quickly to solve the single goal in the level. It's really easy, but it uses later mechanics like warp blocks, so I'm not sure where I should put it in the progression.


I also made it so that extendable lines (yours and your enemies') now follow boost plates. It only took a little while to do, and most of that was just reminding myself how I had the system working in the first place.

I spent some time trying to create a level involving a puzzle with a lot of steps. I scrapped it, but not before finding out that deactivating warp walls doesn't stop you from going through them, and wrap walls that are adjacent to obstructions still let you pop through them. I might work on fixing these bugs for next week.

Lastly, I still want user feedback on having goals be solid to prevent exploits, but I'm deciding that I don't like them. It's really annoying to me to have them be obstacles, and if it's annoying to me I assume it's double-annoying for players.

As always, the charging-up noise is by Javier Zumer. I use and modify the sound under this license.


No comments:

Post a Comment