Sunday, May 29, 2016

Visible timers and further bug fixes to lines

The newest build is up here!

Not a huge update today. I implemented radial timers on linked goal nodes so that you can see how much time is ticking down as you attempt to clear that goal. In Gerald Kelley's Abzorb postmortem, he mentioned that in his game players rarely if ever paid attention to elements outside of a very tight radius around the player. If that holds true for Pierce, players won't notice the radial timers I've put in. My hypothesis is that, in Pierce, player's attentions are less focused on the arrow and more focused on the obstacles. We'll see.

I also cleaned up a bug with guide lines which caused guide lines to linger erroneously. It was most noticeable when projecting guidelines through two wrap walls of different lengths. Should be good now!

As always, the charging-up noise is by Javier Zumer. I'm using and modifying it under this license.

No comments:

Post a Comment