Sunday, September 27, 2015

Just a little bit added this week

(Check out the new build here)

Not much to say this week other than two events came up this weekend that I didn't anticipate at all! Not bad things, good things, so I'm happy - unfortunately I didn't spend nearly as much on this prototype as I'd have liked. Anyway, I did add two levels which deal with bounce walls, and it's made me realize that I have a problem I need to solve: the imbalance between usefulness of warp walls vs bounce walls.

Warp walls send you places you might not otherwise have been able to go. Bounce walls simply allow you to change direction. This is useful only if you need to hit two goals at the same time, and only if those goals cannot be connected by a single, straight, contiguous line. But goals can be fulfilled piecemeal in this game, which means that in many situations you can forgo bounce walls entirely and just complete one goal and then the other.

What I need, I realize now, are a second type of goals which are linked to one another, which destroy themselves on contact with the player, and which resurrect themselves if their linked objects are not also destroyed within the stated time limit... I'll think about this for next week.

Also, I need to give bounce walls some audio and particle effect love, like I gave to warp walls. And I need to look into an issue where the player can become stuck within bounce walls before the wall appropriately repositions the player.

And again, the charge-up noise is by Javier Zumer, and is being used under this license.

No comments:

Post a Comment