Saturday, September 5, 2015

Delegates, Blue Walls, and Quick Blippy Particles

I'm going to run out of ways to vaguely say "Making slow progress" if I keep naming my posts as I have. To that end, I'm just going to put what's new right in the post title.

In addition to moving in about ten days, it's also my birthday this weekend! And my parents are visiting! And it's labor day, and tons of other things, and et cetera! I did the following in about fifteen to twenty minutes. Now the player script uses an event system so that I can have other things "know" when you're charging. Handy for making wrap and bounce walls change color to advertise interactivity. You also spawn a neat little particle when you enter a wrap-wall. Makes it feel more like you're "diving through" and less like you're just teleporting.

Like the last post, charge-up noise is courtesy of Javier Zumer under this license.

No comments:

Post a Comment