Sunday, December 24, 2017

Xmas Eve is the Deadline

(This week's build is here!)

This week's progress is really simple: I added a new level and I made a slight change to the logic of linked goal nodes.

Here's the new level:


As you can see, it's pretty hectic. That being said, there's only one trick to learn in this level, and that's how to navigate the spinning red wall. The other elements of the level are pretty tame. All except the moving boost plates. However, I'm confident that those will be less intimidating to the player because they've already seen that trick before in this level:


I'm not sure what levels are going to end up making up this final third of the game, the part of the game where I want to have a conversation with the player about what all of these mechanics can accomplish in unison, but I'm enjoying finding new ways to combine movement, wall types, goal types, and extra obstacles like boost plates and switches.

As always, the charge-up noise is by Javier Zumer, and I use and modify this asset under this license.

No comments:

Post a Comment