Sunday, July 26, 2015

July into August changes for Sunday is the Deadline

Sorry, there's no game this week! I did work on a game this week though. It looks like this:


It's a shmup called "Revolver" where the ship, the enemies, and the bullets all orbit a central planet. I might have completed it, but things have become quite busy for me lately, what with accepting a new job in a new town, preparing to move, and still keeping up with the surprising amount of events occurring in the next month.

My priorities are on making my transition into my new job as smooth as possible, and giving myself some free time to breathe a little too. And that means downshifting on this blog, at least for the next few weeks or so. I'll continue to post something every Sunday, but I may only be posting with brief updates on what I did with Revolver that week.

Hopefully that's okay with any regular readers - I'm really proud of the dozen or two of you who keep coming to this blog, and I want to keep giving you worthwhile updates each week! Please bear with me in the meantime.




P.S. It's called a shmup because primarily the ship shoots up. It's short for "shoot 'em up." In the case of Revolver I think the more appropriate term might be... shmround?

No comments:

Post a Comment