Sunday, April 12, 2015

Cube Chuck!

(Want to skip to the game? be my guest!)

Originally, I was going to call this Sling Box, but that's already a thing. So is Chuck Box, so here's Cube Chuck!



To be fair, this is definitely a smaller offering than some of my other game-a-weeks, but I did have less time than I usually have - I also wanted to experiment a bit with this odd idea I had for an infinite level, where the game world is a cylinder that keeps rotating.

There's not much of a hook to Cube Chuck, but I think it's a little deeper than it seems at first glance. I got really excited when I realized I could have the player move the cube left and right with rigidbody.addTorque (which always results in some weird behaviors). And once I had this cube bouncing and spinning around, it sort of became a bit charming. I immediately had to add the sparks effect and the little plinks to every collision (stealing a bit from Chibi Robo).


I also took the opportunity to steal the death effect from Super Smash Bros.

The background music for this week's game comes to us from SouljahdeShiva under this license

And here is a link to the game!

No comments:

Post a Comment