Sunday, May 14, 2017

New level, some corrections, and versioning


This week I corrected a sound effect issue, I fixed a UI issue, and I created an pretty interesting new level. I also got my project versioned, which is something I'm very rusty with, having not touched versioning in about two years.


I started out wanting to make a level that used boost plates, but I then decided it would be cool to see what I could do with more of those rotating hexagonal bounce walls. I ended up doing neither of those, but I did make a pretty interesting and challenging level.

The object is to bounce all the way around the dangerous kill wall to attack the enemy there are a few angles you can do this from, which makes the puzzle feel open and flexible. You have to keep an eye on both your bounce angles and those of the enemy projectiles, so despite the fact that the puzzle isn't hard to figure out, you do need to work a little to actually solve it.

The charging-up noise is, again, by Javier Zumer. I use and modify this sound effect using this license.

No comments:

Post a Comment