Monday, May 1, 2017

Just some text changes


This week I didn't add anything other than some text to the screen which pops up when you clear a level. It'll now tell you about how many charges you used, and compare that to the lowest number of charges needed to complete the level.

I also created a game object in each level that holds a script which tracks and reports that level's stats. Currently that is only the number of charges the player has taken and the minimum number of charges required to clear the level. I'm sure there's a smarter way to do this than making an object in each level which tracks this, but I didn't want to make some kind of static class which had information on each level because I didn't want to have to keep track somehow of what level index corresponded with what level, especially looking at how often I add or rearrange levels.

This is the kind of change that I really need a playtest for. I can't gauge how well this is working at all until I see how players react to it.

As always, charge-up noise is by Javier Zumer. I use and modify it under this license. I really got to get someone to just whip up a version of this noise that I don't need to endlessly cite.

No comments:

Post a Comment