Sunday, April 10, 2016

Two new levels, zeroing in on feel and progression

New build is up here!

Wow, we're already up to 50 weeks of "Sunday is the Deadline!" I wish I could say that I'm doing something special for the big five-two, but I don't know what that would be other than releasing this game, which is nowhere close to being done.

This week I worked on levels. I deleted two and added two, both in the latter half of the game. I'm thinking more about which features work better when mixed together, which features have more or less design space to them. Movement, switches, and timers obviously have more. I like the boost plates, but perhaps they're not worth including after all... They do have interesting interactions with enemy projectiles though, which I'll investigate further.

I'll continue to add and subtract levels like this, mentally noting certain improvements I'd like to make for the next couple of weeks. I already know I want to make the enemies telegraph where and when they'll shoot even better, and get your charge line to properly indicate where you will go when you travel through walls.

If I were devoting as much time to this as I was when I was making a game a week, I'd no doubt be done with this by now. My life is kind of full right now though, which is a good thing.

As always, the charge-up noise is by Javier Zumer, and has been modified by me. I'm using it under this license.

No comments:

Post a Comment