Sunday, November 5, 2017

Level Deletions, Level Edits, and a return to the blog

(This week's build is available RIGHT HERE)

Hi! It's been a while! I was very busy for a bit there. Hopefully, I can update the blog a little more regularly from here on out.

This week I changed a lot of level stuff. The seventh level now much more closely resembles the eighth level, in order to more smoothly transition into linked goal nodes. The way he seventh level used to work was not really doing the job.

I also made a new level that looks like this:


I like the look of it a lot, but we'll see how fun it is to play. The solution to this one is actually really simple, so I think it'll be good as the new tenth level. It's kind of an end-cap to all the stuff that comes before we introduce bouncing walls and the puzzles get simple again.

Oh, and the ninth level, which used to look like this:


Now looks like this:


The walls hanging off the sides were unnecessary. This level is just supposed to do one thing: be impossible to solve if you hold down the charge button fully every time you charge. It should be as simple as possible beyond that. Not to mention this design is far more aesthetically pleasing.

That's it for this week! As always, that charging-up noise is by Javier Zumer. I use and modify the sound under this license.


No comments:

Post a Comment