Sunday, June 11, 2017

Charge Tweaks


Following some of the notes I was mentioning last week, I've slowed down the time it takes to reach a full charge when holding left-click. I've also sized-up the meter that surrounds the player as they build up their charge.

Here's what it looks like now:

Here's what it used to look like:

The visual change to the meter is just my hope to bring attention to how the meter can be half-full and still allow charging. Slowing down the meter, however, actually changes the game feel drastically different. It's much, much easier to do quarter, half, and three-quarter charges now. In fact, maybe I should make levels that specifically ask you to do those... Hmm..

Speaking of making levels, I'm looking at what the levels currently look like, and I'm unhappy again with how I'm distributing mechanics. I can use more movement, more switches, more kill walls. I can't, however, get too used to the game and forget that I need to introduce things slowly...

Charge-up noise is by Javier Zumer. I use and modify this asset under this license.

No comments:

Post a Comment