Sunday, March 27, 2016

Switch me on, turn me up

New build is up here!

Okay, switches are working! They were actually easier to set up than I thought they'd be (and I thought they'd be easy - I didn't want to try tackling anything hard right after GDC).

So, what's next? Well, I definitely want to recalibrate the levels that switches appear in... I also consulted a friend and I might have a better, more robust implementation of both timers and switches to try. So that's next.

After that? Well, I know I said I'd be done with features, but I don't think that's quite right. I think some features are going to go away, and some features are going to appear. Here's an example: breakable walls. Breakable walls are an easy, intuitive way to require that a player charge through a certain portion of a level. Breaking through walls would also feel awesome, if done right. Finally, and most importantly: breakable walls would require the player to power-up their charge. A common mistake I find people making right now is that they never bother to power-up their charge, or they're confused about what powering-up does for them. A breakable wall would help illustrate what's really going on there.

As always, the power-up noise is by Javier Zumer. I'm using it under this license, and I've modified it.

No comments:

Post a Comment